MethMethamphetamine - amphetamine with the addition of a methyl group on the molecular chain, which gives it a potent effect. overdose, like all stimulant overdose, is a medical emergency and if untreated can lead to heart attack, strokeA blockage of a blood vessel or vessels in the brain, which leads to varying degrees of brain damage and in some cases death., and dangerous overheating. Signs of possible overdose include:
Remember signs of overdose as the 4 H's:
Ambulance officers donít routinely notify police in the event of an overdose. DONíT take the person to a doctor or hospital yourself or allow others to do so - this wastes precious time.
Move the person to a quiet, safe place away from people, noise, light and heat.
Loosen or remove tight or hot clothing and apply icepacks to neck, underarms and groin; or thoroughly wet a towel with cold water and place over the personís body (not face) to reduce temperature.
Place the person on his or her side to make sure that breathing is not obstructed.
Remove anything from around the person that could cause injury. Don't sit on the person or restrain in any way.
Stay with the person until the ambulance arrives, keep calm, and give lots of reassurance.